Wednesday, December 24, 2014

MICHELLE MALKIN

mm banner28413-028032-0
Michelle Malkin 33
Thanks to Angelique Bishop of diabolicalbeauty.com for the photo.
Hi everyone! Here's the MichelleMalkin.com newsletter for December 24th. Enjoy!

From the Blog

All life matters: Jahi McMath’s journey

The very first column I filed in 2014 exposed the plight of a beautiful young girl, the same age as my daughter, whom medical experts declared “brain dead” after a routine tonsillectomy gone wrong. Are you ready for the rest of the story?

Charles Rangel caught in flat-out lie, sun rises in east — another normal day

“Deny, deny, accept, change subject, repeat…”

More From the Right Side of the Web

Michelle's Top Tweets

Screen Shot 2014-12-23 at 7.32.42 PM
Screen Shot 2014-12-23 at 7.02.33 PM
Screen Shot 2014-12-23 at 7.12.08 PM
skitch
Last night with my family, I walked the streets of Lower Manhattan after a late dinner. Turning a corner we came upon the new Freedom Tower that now rises 1,776 feet above the city streets. Like an incandescent beacon the Freedom Tower stood -- undaunted, proud, determined, lighting the darkness and facing the future filled with hope.

As I walked through the cold, clear air of a New York night -- with my wife and children on all sides talking happily -- for a few moments my mind drifted back to the words of a President who inspired so many of us, Ronald Wilson Reagan.

In his farewell address after eight transcendent years leading our nation, President Reagan said these words to the American people as he spoke one last time from the Oval Office:

"The past few days when I've been at that window upstairs, I've thought a bit of the 'shining city upon a hill.' The phrase comes from John Winthrop, who wrote it to describe the America he imagined. What he imagined was important because he was an early Pilgrim, an early freedom man. He journeyed here on what today we'd call a little wooden boat; and like the other Pilgrims, he was looking for a home that would be free.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still."

As usual, the Gipper said it so well.

Yes, we face difficult challenges ahead. You and I both know that. Still, we are determined and filled with hope for the future -- especially during this Blessed Holiday Season.

As you gather with friends and family to celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah, please do so secure in the knowledge that your dedicated work this past year has made a crucial difference for this "shining city upon a hill."

At Americans for Prosperity we are honored to serve on the freedom team with you.

Much lies ahead,
Tim Phillips sig

No comments: